Tween Boys Adoption Support Group- One Sunday Monthly from 6:00 to 7:00 PM
Beginning October, 2015 though June, 2016
Looking for one or two more tween boys, ages 12-13, who have joined their families through adoption and would like to meet other boys who have also been adopted to join this very successful ongoing group. This is a great opportunity to share experiences, thoughts and feelings not only about adoption but also about other issues facing middle school aged boys. It’s also a lot of fun!
Through talk and various activities we explore topics including:
- Describing what it means to be adopted
- Dealing with any loss or grief
- Exploring issues around open and transracial adoption
- Coping with the unknown and questions about birth families
- Dealing with peers and others around adoption
- Thinking about what it would be like to find birth families
- Exploring identity
- Defining family
- Integrating the many aspects of self
Meetings will be held at The Family Building Support Center, 519 Westfield Avenue, Westfield, NJ 07090. The fee is $60 per person, per session. For more information or to register, please contact Michele Cole, LCSW, at 908-232-7277 or by email at email@example.com.